Rob welcomes your calls or emails.
He's here to help.
Protecting Oakville's future
as Canada's most livable town
Oakville voters gave Rob a massive mandate renewal in 2014 to show support for his program to:
- make Oakville Canada's most livable town, and
- make Halton Canada’s most sustainable region.
Rob's top goals are:
- protect green space and the environment
- control growth, debt and taxes to only what fits economically and environmentally
- support jobs and prosperity opportunities for all
- create and keep community facilities to meet the needs of the community
Mayor Burton is the founder of YTV. His career as a businessman and entrepreneur, director and producer in film, TV, and journalism prepared him for his success as Oakville's 45th mayor.
As Mayor, he is proud of his 14 groundbreaking initiatives to protect the built and cultural and natural environment and the health, safety and finances of the community:
- the 124,000 acre preserved greenspace of the Oakville and Halton Natural Heritage Systems,
- the Town Energy Management Plan,
- the Health Protection Air Quality By-law,
- the new-from-the-ground-up official plans Livable Oakville and Sustainable Halton,
- the Oakville Climate Change Adaptation Plan,
- the North Oakville Urban Forest Strategic Management Plan,
- the Emerald Ash Borer Management Program,
- the Performance-Based Program Budgeting (PB2),
- the Downtown Cultural Hub Master Plan,
- the Downtown Streetscape Plan,
- the Downtown Parking Strategy,
- the Business Area Improvement Plans,
- the Oakville Economic Development Strategy,
- and Vision 2057, to unite all Town plans in one vision.